We choose this product FOX Matrix 14400 to switch all the sources we have in our project via the FOXBOX TX/RX, sources like DVD /Blu Ray player. Satellite Receiver, Thin Client workstation, Decoder and Application workstation. It's a great product from EXTRON
The Extron FOX Matrix 14400 is a high performance, modular fiber optic matrix switcher for complete, end-to-end digital AV signal transmission and routing over fiber optic cable. The matrix switcher is expandable from 16x16 to 144x144, and is fully compatible with FOX Series transmitters and receivers. It features very high-speed, all-digital switching of pixel-perfect standard definition video, high resolution computer-video, HDMI, DVI, and multi-rate SDI. Equipped with integration-friendly features common to Extron matrix switchers, together with hot-swappable I/O boards and fan, real-time system monitoring, and redundant, hot-swappable power supplies, the FOX Matrix 14400 delivers highly reliable, enterprise-wide switching of fiber optic AV and control signals for mission-critical environments.
- Multi-rate SDI I/O board available — The FOX Matrix 14400 can be configured with the FOX I/O 1616 HD-SDI board for local connection to multi-rate SDI-equipped devices. This board provides 16x16 routing of multi-rate SDI signals up to 2.97 Gbps, including SDI, HD-SDI, and 3G-SDI. The matrix switcher can be configured as a fully dedicated multi-rate SDI matrix switcher, or a combination of multi-rate SDI and fiber optic matrix switching. The FOX I/O 1616 HD-SDI board is compliant with SMPTE 259M, 292M, 424M, and ITU digital video standards.
- Multimode and singlemode I/O boards available — The FOX Matrix 14400 is configurable with a mix of multimode and singlemode versions of the FOX Matrix I/O 1616 Boards, so that both short and long haul transmission can be supported.
- Modular, field-upgradeable and hot-swappable design — The FOX Matrix 14400 provides substantial flexibility, expandability, and affordability by allowing users to select the configuration required for their systems. Additional input and output boards may be added at any time for easy and quick upgradeability or expansion. Hot-swappable components allow the user to replace an I/O board, fan assembly, or power supply at any time without the need to power down the switcher. This is especially useful for mission-critical applications that require continuous operation of the FOX Matrix 14400.
- Dual redundant and hot-swappable power supplies — Primary and back-up power supplies provide added reliability for critical applications.
- Low power consumption for efficient cooling, lower costs, and longer life — The FOX Matrix 14400 features an energy-efficient design for simpler cooling, lower energy costs, and extended life. Through efficiency of design and the careful selection of high quality, long-life electronic components, an all optical, fully-loaded FOX Matrix 14400 draws less power than comparable fiber optic matrix switchers. Low power consumption equates to less heat generation, which translates to a lower cost of ownership and an increased product lifespan.
- Advanced computer-aided diagnostics — Provide 24-hour self-diagnostics of input/output boards, primary and redundant power supply voltages, fiber links, and overall functional status of the matrix. Using the Ethernet or RS-232/RS-422 communications port, status monitoring is possible for off-site or unmanned locations, such as government, military, medical, or any other sensitive, 24/7 environments.
- Input fiber link detection — The FOX Matrix 14400 verifies active light sources by polling all connections for input reception and output transmission. The resulting information is viewable within the internal Web pages, and is easily obtained by AV control systems.
- Status LED indicators for fiber link status — LEDs on each I/O board verify active fiber links with the transmitters and receivers.
- Alarm notification for fiber link loss — The FOX Matrix 14400 can be set up to trigger an external control system, or generate e-mail alerts for immediate notification when an inbound fiber link has been lost.
- Two AC power inputs — For added power reliability, some 24-hour environments require two separate AC power sources, one as the primary source and the second for redundancy. The FOX Matrix 14400 provides two AC power inputs for continuous connection to both power sources.
- Selectable input and output reclocking — Reshapes and restores timing of the digital signal at the selected rate.
- Industry standard LC connectors provide reliable physical connectivity and precise fiber core alignment
- Global presets — Frequently used I/O configurations may be saved and recalled via Ethernet or serial control. This time-saving feature allows I/O configurations to be set up and stored in memory for future use.
- Extron control software — For serial or Ethernet remote control from a PC, the included Windows®-based control software features a graphical, drag-and-drop interface to make I/O configuration and other customization functions simple and convenient. This software also offers an emulation mode for configuration of an offsite matrix switcher; the I/O configuration may then be saved for future downloading to the matrix switcher.
- Rooming — The FOX Matrix 14400 can be configured to group selected outputs into specific "rooms," each with its own set of unique presets. A total of 10 rooms, with 10 presets per room, are available.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — The FOX Matrix 14400 can be proactively monitored and managed over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet, using standard TCP/IP protocols. Ethernet control provides for remote selection of input and output ties, system set-up and configuration, and advanced system diagnostics.
- RS-232 and RS-422 control port — Using serial commands, the matrix switcher can be controlled and configured via the included Windows-based control software, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming. The RS-232 and RS-422 port also makes it easy to install firmware updates.
- Front panel configuration port — A front panel serial port allows easy accessibility for configuring the FOX Matrix 14400 without having to access the rear panel.